Squirrel

Squirrel

Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Looking up (or, trying to)


It's been a tough few weeks, and it promises to be a pretty crappy Thanksgiving. I have a terminally ill mama, a sinus infection that will not go away, I've been robbed, and our soon-to-be president is putting white supremacists in the White House. But, to quote myself, there is ALWAYS something to be thankful for.

So, in that spirit, I am thankful that I was blessed to have such a great mama and can still spend time with her, no matter how limited. I'm thankful that I am still relatively healthy and not bed-ridden. I am thankful that I have a good job, and I am thankful that--for now, anyway--I live in a country where I can publicly criticize my elected leaders without fear of drastic repercussions.

And of course, I am thankful for my entire family and friendship circle. This holiday season, I pray that I might be blessed with moments of quiet and peace, that God might finally speak to me again after so much silence, and that I can find the strength to look at the bright side in every situation.

If anyone is reading this, I need prayer right now. My faith is bruised and beaten down. I need...God.

No comments:

Post a Comment