Squirrel

Squirrel

Tuesday, April 29, 2025

Bad Day

Today has been stinky for both reasons big and small, but it's always the small things that tip the scale, isn't it? After my pre-schooler, who has been so needy and clingy this morning that I have yet to take a shower, accidentally dumped her entire plate of food on the floor (her second spill of the day, mind you), I just completely lost it. Not at her--I didn't yell at her, as I have told her time and and time again that everybody has accidents/makes mistakes/etc., and that's okay--but just in general. I found myself sitting on the kitchen floor just sobbing. It felt good to let it out but at the same time, I frightened by daughter by my perceived lack of control over my emotions. I'm not sure if there is a learning moment in there or not. She kept telling me it's okay to have a bad day and, as sweet as it was that she was trying to comfort me, I felt like a failure as a parent for having my child assume the adult role in that moment. I don't know where I'm going with all this or if I even have a point. I guess I'm just venting. Hoping tomorrow will be a better day.

No comments:

Post a Comment