Squirrel

Squirrel

Sunday, June 21, 2026

Happy Father's Day in Heaven

This is my first Father's Day without you, Dad. I miss you terribly. You are on my mind daily. I had a dream last night where I was at the old house. It was weird because while I didn't see you or Mom in the dream, it was implied you were alive and around. 

I have been reading a book about the Supremes lately, and I really wish I could talk to you (and Mom) about it. I always loved hearing your stories about what life was like in the 60s. I always enjoyed our conversations period. We had some wonderful talks.

I know I have told you this before, but you were the best Dad. I am really thankful that you were my Dad growing up. You took such good care of us and taught us the value of hard work, fiscal responsibility, and work-life balance. You also modeled faith and humor so well.

I love you, Dad. I know I will see you again someday in Heaven. Tell Mom I love her, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment